- Stress, anxiety, moodiness, aching muscles, inability to sleep soundly…these are a few symptoms of everyday life which we’ve come to accept. But what if we want to stop just managing these things and get to their root? Licensed acupuncturist Mark Gutkin is eager to show you how Traditional Chinese Medicine does just that – making the necessary connection between our bodies and the changing seasons, the connection between food, our digestive system, our mood and our musculature. In this talk, we will delve into topics like Fall nutrition, how our muscles talk to us and how we can learn to listen better, and more. You will learn ways to nurture yourself holistically with the ancient wisdom of Eastern wellness. Cost is 20 dollars per person or one class card punch. Please pre-register by phone or email to email@example.com.
- One hour and fifteen minutes
Y12SR (Yoga for 12-Step Recovery) is a class in which we weave together
the ancient wisdom of yoga and the practical tools of 12-Step Programs.
We recognize that the issues live in our tissues and through a group
sharing circle followed by an intentional, themed yoga class
incorporating asana, breath work, and mindfulness we invoke the higher
power of our understanding to help us release whatever is held. These
classes are all inclusive for all levels, and anyone dealing with their
own addictive behaviors of any kind, or affected by those behaviors in
others. It will deepen any work that participants may currently be doing
or jump start the journey of self-discovery. No one will be turned away
for lack of funds. Donation based. Suggested donation is 12 dollars per person. Donations
are split evenly between the teacher, the studio, and charity. No sign up required.
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Is your neck one of the places where you tend to hang onto stress? Yoga can absolutely help with that, but for some of us spending a lot of time on our hands can also exacerbate cranky necks. What’s a yogi to do? Come learn some alignment maps designed to help you decompress your neck! This workshop may change the way you think about your practice, and change the way you move, in a good way. We’ll also do some specific neck stretches that are gentle but effective, and do some active release therapies that will help free up your tight neck muscles. Please bring a couple of tennis balls or similar kinds of balls with you. Cost is 40 dollars per person.
- Two hours
- This class will show you alternative remedies to deal with cold and flu, food poisoning, childhood illnesses, injuries, and more. It is empowering to have even a small tool kit, to help yourself and your loved ones, rather than always running to the doctor. We will discuss herbs, homeopathic remedies, energy medicine, how foods heal or harm, and more. “1st aid kits” available for sale. Cost is one drop in rate or one class card punch. You may sign up by email to us or call 203 744 9642.
- One hour
- As the nights draw in, come along to Dew Yoga and find a welcoming community to enjoy this creative pastime.Viki Boyko will also be happy to show you a few gentle knitters’ stretches and maybe learn a mudra or two for fun! She loves both yoga and knitting but still hasn’t mastered standing on her head and knitting with her toes!
- Group is open from 5 to 7pm
Stitch wizards and beginners welcome! Make gifts for the holiday season. No needles or yarn? We will try to help! All ages are welcome. No sign-up required. Class is free, donations are welcome.
- Join Aimee Elsner for a slow flow asana for breast cancer awareness. All are welcome! Cash and check donations will go to Stamford Hospitals Financial Aid, helping individual families. Please make checks out to Stamford Hospital. Option to purchase a Raffle ticket for three private yoga sessions with Aimee. 5 dollars for three raffle tickets, 10 dollars for five raffle tickets.
- 75 minutes
- Yoga Nidra is practiced lying down comfortably. It is a deep guided relaxation that systematically encourages tension release from every part of the body leaving the practitioner feeling rested, relaxed and recharged. Enjoy 35 minutes of deep relaxation in Yoga Nidra and 10 minutes of seated meditation on loving kindness aka Metta. The meditation will include instruction on a simple and easy to use meditation tool that invokes and radiates benevolence. No fee class, no registration required. Monetary donations of 1 dollar and up benefit Domus Kids!
- 45 minutes
yoga & meditation
Online and In-Person in Stamford, CTNew location coming soon!