Dew Yoga is motivated by and committed to community service through several outreach initiatives that make Yoga and enrichment programs accessible to all.
- Karma Donation Classes – Held weekly, no fees. Donations are welcome but not required.
- Sliding Scale Class Cards
- Scholarship Cards
- Karma Recipient spaces in Workshops and Events
- If you can not afford Yoga due to a financial or medical hardship, please contact Jen to obtain a low or no cost class card. All Karma Recipients and sponsors are kept anonymous and confidential.
- Our donation classes benefit Domus Foundation and/or Dew Yoga’s Sliding scale and scholarship fund.
- Yoga and 12 Step classes for individuals in recovery. Classes are donations based, all are welcome regardless of ability to contribute.
- Fundraising events: BuildOn in 2010, Relief for Haiti in 2010,
- will directly and 100% benefit a local or global cause. For example, in January of 2010, Dew Yoga held a three day all donation weekend of Yoga to support relief efforts in Haiti through Save the Children. Read about the event here.
- Offsite service and contribution have included: The Girl Scout Jamboree, Hawk Watch, Dolan Middle School, Eastside Fair, First County Bank Health Fair, GE Health Fairs,
Build-on Fundraiser Day
Great Seva in action on Sunday, June 13th we had all donation Yoga, Massage and Music to support buildOn. We raised $1,126.00 of which every dollar will be used to purchase construction supplies for a new school.
Thank you to generous donors for items to raffle off, Angela Cosmai of Angela Cosmai Salon, Tom Grady of New Wave Seafood, as well as Melinda Loo who offered chair massage and donated all the proceeds to buildOn.
Lucky raffle winners; Kalindi Devi, Annette Cocco and Susan Wegner took home prizes from New Wave Seafood, Angela Cosmai Salon and Dew Yoga. Congratulations and thanks to all who participated!
Special thanks to:
Lara Levine, build-On Coordinator
Andrew Bishop, Rachel Berkrot and Laurie Pochette, our tireless activist teens who inspired the event and worked the raffle table all day.
Pictures from the day in the Gallery.
In the Community
Healing Arts Practitioners
Mark Gutkin, LAc – Acupuncture, Nutrition, Herbal & Functional Medicine
Lynn Hawxhurst – Lymphatic Drainage, Orthobionomy, Massage Therapy
Laura Depreta – Reflexology, Holistic Health Consultant
Fernanda Guerra – Reiki, Massage Therapy
Alison DeNicola – Bija Healing
Charlotte Slade – Massage Therapy, including Prenatal
Julia Supple, LMT, RYT – Yoga, Massage Therapy, Prenatal Yoga & Bodywork
Vivian Howell – Massage Therapy, Shiatsu
Shopping and Eating with Students, Friends and Supporters of Dew Yoga
Nicole Simonelli – The Funky Hippie – Retail Store
Mark Santagata Law Firm
New Wave Seafood
Angela Cosmai Hair Salon
Laura Depreta’s Birth and Beyond
Paula Waldman Real Estate
Tessa Olson – Natural Comfort Kitchen
Nicol Rupolo ComeForCare
Enzo Riccobene Salon