- The Yoga of 12 step recovery is an exploration of addiction and recovery within the mind/body continuum that weaves together the wisdom of yoga with the practical tools of 12 step programs. This training, led by the creators of the Yoga of Recovery work featured in the New York Times, Yoga Journal Magazine and Conference, will equip you to create, facilitate, and guide Yoga and 12 step Recovery classes in your community. This program will give you the tools to: hold a safe place for deep healing, facilitate from compassion to empowerment, recognize traps that often prevent us from being fully present, create self-sustaining groups, and build practices based on recovery themes for anyone working with addictive patterns or affected by those patterns in others.
- Three hours
Tag Archive for: events-archived
- A fun lively evening in for Yoga and Body Adornments. Girls are welcome to kick off their shoes, take a breath out and be themselves in a fun yoga flow to music they love, with options to play in group and partner poses, inversions, guided relaxation and then mingle, snack and choose from one of 3 temporary adornments- henna tattoo, hair wraps or hair chalks. If time permits the girls will have the option to purchase additional adornment.
- Two hours
- Divine Sleep Yoga Nidra is one of the most accessible and nourishing forms of healing and restoration. An inspired and inclusive practice, this guided meditation allows you to experience deeper levels of inner freedom than you ever imagined possible. You are guided systematically through the koshas (all levels of being) including physical, energetic, mental, emotional and spiritual, to bring awareness and healing to all levels. Transforming stress and anxiety, imrpoving connection to your deepest self, and increasing health and wellness, are characteristic outcomes of Divine Sleep.
- three hours
There is nothing required of you, but to lie down and listen, giving yourself permission to rest, balance and restore. In this workshop, you will learn about Divine Sleep yoga nidra and why it is so powerful, and you will be guided in deep and restful Divine Sleep practice. Jennifer’s guided journeys are clear, vibrant, and tangible. Your heart’s deepest longing and personal images and symbols are invited to arise and incorporate into the practice, making each journey unique and authentic for you. Be supported, help and nourished as you discover profound peace and vibrant health.
- Drum and Dance is a chance to shake out the stresses of the week and find your drum or dance grove. No experience needed. This is not about performance, but about coming to a place of freedom and connection. The first hour will be spend on processes to connect with the drum, with our unique way of moving and to develop group rapport. The second hour will then move into deeper expression and play. 20 dollars per person. Cash or check accepted.
- two hours
- Sadhana Satsang (spiritual inquiry or study) with renowned scholar and teacher Paul Muller-Ortega takes participants on a journey of the experiential discovery of the Tantric practices of the Heart. The evening will be inspiring, full of new insights, thought-provoking considerations, and practical applications, centering on a consideration of the fundamental principles of Svatantra: the Tantric teaching of the ultimate freedom of Consciousness. Registration is highly recommended, as we anticipate a capacity attendance for this event. 50 dollars per person pre-registered before September 13, and 55 dollars thereafter. Contact Mary Gerdes to register.
- Two hours and thirty minutes
Professor Paul Muller-Ortega, Ph.D., is recognized internationally as one of the world’s most highly respected and renowned academic scholars in the field of Indian Religion and Hindu Tantra. He is the founder of Blue Throat Yoga which teaches the elegant Svatantra philosophy of Meditation. For more than forty years, Paul has been a pioneer in the technology of Consciousness, lecturing and teaching about meditation and Indian philosophy to hundreds of thousands of people in North and South America, Europe, and India. Paul has earned a reputation for his unparalleled scholarly authenticity, as well as being a charismatic teacher with a remarkable capacity to convey esoteric truths and teachings in ways that fully accessible, relevant, and comprehensible to the Western mind. For further information, please visit the Blue Throat Yoga website.
- Svaha: An offering to the fire. An oblation. A goddess and wife of Agni (fire god). In this workshop we practice intently, deeply. We hold: time, the moment, our sacredness. We build: heat, strength, wisdom, our connectedness. We offer: truth, softness, our breath. Join us in this two hour workshop where we hold asana for an extended period of time. The poses are simple but will be deep. Poetry will be read. Silence will beckon and then we’ll soften into long stretches and deep seated forward bends. The point is to feel your edge and be amazed at your own ability to soften into it. You will learn about what you can hold in order to give up since heat is nature’s way of taking what you don’t need and cleasing one’s spirit. Your body will feel transformed. Your spirit will alight.
- Two hours
- Yoga is about transformation. The only way to do this is to approach the fire. This workshop is about discovering that inner spark that will ignite your fire and bring about lasting change. The approach is simple. We will use the navel center as our focus. You will incorporate breathing techniques, visualizations, mantra, and yoga postures to create a palpable energetic experience at the navel. Once you have captured and contained it, you will move that energy where it needs to go through a guided meditation for profound healing and empowerment. The practice will help you become more creative, courageous and resilient, ultimately helping you to cope with life’s most uncertain moments. If these are qualities you hope to cultivate in your practice, then this workshop is perfect for you. Come with an empty stomach and an open heart.
- Two hours and thirty minutes
Joe Somodi is a life long teacher, author, visionary, public speaker, certified yoga professional and steady expert. He leads sold out workshops and retreats all across the country and has studied hundreds of individuals, groups, and companies with his unique teachings and philosophies. An avid rock climber, he will help you reach the top of the mountain.
- An introduction to the breath centric yoga of Krishnamacharya and Desikachar is a 2 hour workshop combining practice and explanation, with time at the end for discussion. The practice comprises asana, pranayama and dhyana all of which are done within a gentle, simple framework. The idea is to understand the principles that underlie each aspect while also putting them to work. 35 dollars/person.
- 2 hours
Ravi Shankar has been on the path of Yoga for more than 25 years. He is a student of TKV Desikachar; he has spent a number of years working under him and continues to teach in the same tradition; a style of yoga that is breath centric, gentle and therapeutic. He now runs his own yoga school, Yoga Nidhi, which works with companies, universities and schools and with individuals requiring therapy. Yoga Nidhi also conducts teacher training programs.